Tuesday 15 November 2016

December Daily 2016: The Learning Curve

Hey guys

Welcome back, today I thought I would talk a little about my December Daily preparation and rationale. I have a video that explains all of this too if you'd like to listen to my dulcet tones! I have linked that below.

I started by analysing how December Daily 2015 went for me and the problems I faced:

1.  I lose interest in scrapbooking when I don't have variety
The album I selected to use was a 5x7 album with exactly 30 pockets, this lead to very little room for variety in the album and I got bored way to quickly which meant I didn't finish the album.

2. No ring binder makes for a boring album
The fact that the pages were all sewn in to the album meant I struggled to add anything interactive that added interest to the process.

3. Red and Green = not my colour scheme
I love traditional Christmas colours in my house, but it turns out I just cannot fall in love with a scrapbook page using red and green - so the colour scheme has to be more versatile

4. Christmas doesn't start on December 1st for me
I ADORE Christmas, don't get me wrong but, when I'm taking a picture on the second of December about the weather outside I don't know how to use Christmas themed products to embellish the page, I need something more winter themed to use on days that are not directly linked to Christmas!

5. When I'm uninspired the project will never get finished
Worst of all despite my best intentions I lost interest in the album, I hadn't fallen in love with it so I lost interest and couldn't find my mojo to complete it!


So the plan for this year....


  • A 4x4 Album from Becky Higgins - it is a ring binder album so perfect for adding extra ephemera, paper bags and envelopes

  • A mixture of bright colours - the Snow and Cocoa range was my inspiration, I love the pinks, green, teal, red, black and gold. The colours have got me so excited I've started some page prep already!

  • A homemade kit - I used new products and products from my stash that are winter / Christmas themed and having a pretty kit has made me feel a lot more inspired and excited for December Daily.

  • A selection of pocket pages - I have used 4x4 and 2x2 pockets for this album, I also have my fuse tool ready for some shaker pockets or making odd sized photo pockets!

I'm really excited to get started on my December Daily album this year and I'm ready to be successful.

Thanks for reading :)

Check out the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment