Wednesday 21 October 2015

2015 Project Life: The Birthday


 
It was my 29th Birthday and I created this spread to commemorate the lovely day I had with family and friends. I got totally spoilt with flowers, cards, lots of presents, yummy dinner, cocktails and the most amazing cake that my Mum made me. It really was a great day.
 
I felt the need to use lots of bright colours in the spread and as a lot of my pictures were instagram snippets of the day I decided to use the 4x4 design pocket pages. The bright coloured sheets came from the Becky Higgins confetti range paper pad and a simple stories 6x6 paper pad. I love using the paper pads to create my own project life cards and they always prove useful when creating a 4x4 spread.


 
Once I'd got my pictures printed and the remaining spaces organised with filler cards I started on the embellishments and stamping, I used the Clearly Kelly Food Coma set the 'Big Bite' stamp came in handy for the picture of the HUGE slice of cake in the bottom right picture. The Simple Stories stickers came in handy, I was hoping to use one of the circle stickers but none looked right, so I went for the speech bubble saying 'so very lucky' as it summed up how I felt on the day and the 'Super' sticker that I used to embellish the flowers in the top left, I wanted to add some blue to bring the colour across the spread.
 


I decided to place some Journaling in to the spread, I'm not huge on journaling as I'd originally started project life with the view that it would be a photo album so writing lots about what was going on wasn't my gig. I was much more about letting the pictures do the talking, but sometimes a little journaling helps to set the scene. I settled for a list and I used the La-De-Dah journaling sheets and picked out the card titled 'Lucky because' which just happened to fit the spread perfectly! The 100% me stamp set from Clearly Kelly also proved useful with one of my favourite stamps 'Today was Awesome' I used it to form a title page in the top Right hand corner.
 

Overall I was so pleased with this finished spread, it so happy, funky and I love the bright colours. Its the kind of spread that screams 'me' and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment