Saturday 24 October 2015

About Me Album: Favourite Food



This post is the first of my 'About Me' album. After reading some blogs I came across various mini album projects such as the #myselfiescrapbook and decided to create my own version of this. I purchased the Simple Stories 'I am' collection set and a 6x8 album. My intention is to include a number of pocket pages with pictures of friends, family, cats, cakes, food, TV and music, career and hobbies as well as the odd selfie to depict some of my favourite things in 2015 and return to the album this time next year to see what has changed.

The page I started with was this 'favourite foods' spread (worryingly this was the easiest spread for me to come up with because of all the food pictures I have taken over the last year!!). In the end this spread doesn't contain much from the 'I am' collection but lots of other items from my stash.
For the title page I used a Project Life card from the Becky Higgins 'Fine and Dandy' collection. I toyed with the idea of a black and white card but it just looked a lot better with the Green, I think it drew on the colours from the bottom left breakfast picture.  The letter stickers used here and on the bottom left card are from the Simple Stories 'I am' collection 12x12 sticker set, I love the teal coloured ones! I used a washie tape sticker that I picked up in Lidl and a star punch from Tiger to make the red patterned star on the title card. I used a pale blue and pink La-De-Dah card to journal a list of my favourite food, the colours on the card really draw across the pinks and blues from the pictures on the right hand side to make the spread more cohesive.
I took the opportunity to use plenty of the stamps from the Clearly Kelly stamp set 'Food Coma' on this page, in fact the set was made for this kind of spread! Loved the #delicious stamp which I can't believe I hadn't used until creating this!

Finally I used my circle punch and a roller stamp to embellish the Coke picture, I punched out the circle using some of the off cuts of paper I have from cutting down 6x6 pads, stamped the phrase on and added some short journaling before attaching it all with my tiny attacher! Job done. Can't wait to get the family pages done now! That's my next job for sure.

I created a YouTube video to show the process of putting this layout together, have a look, any feedback or tips are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment