Saturday 14 November 2015

12x12 Layout: Meeting Thea

 
Hello! Today's layout is a pretty 12x12 page for my project life album. This is the only picture that was taken the day I met my best friends baby Thea. I always use 12x12 spreads to document either my favourite pictures or the occasions when I was at some kind of event or important day where only one photo was taken. 
 

 
I used this pretty 12x12 paper from the kaleidoscope pad. It had flashes of pink, purple and teal on it. I absolutely adore the paper in this particular pad. I was also given the cute faun paper from a friend and the teal in that banner really brought out the teal in the background. I felt that all those colours together really pulled on the tones in the picture so I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I used a Becky Higgins project life card from the Fine and Dandy collection to write my journaling on, this is the kind of life event that I thought was worth a few words. The little butterfly is from the Kaiser Craft all that glitters set.
 
 

I used some off cuts of paper to die cut a selection of flowers from a sizzix set of die cutters. I decided not to layer them as such but to use them in a row along the base of the picture to add interest. Getting them out of the cutters was such a pain! I was pleased with the finished look (thank goodness, as it took about 35 mins just to get them out!!) I used some sequins to embellish the flowers and also above the photo to add interest, the 'delightful' is from my Amy Tangerine roller phrase stamp, I have now ordered another roller phrase stamp, as I tend to use this one in EVERY spread. The little arrow paperclip is from The Range it came in a set of paperclips for 50p I'd recommend checking out their stationary section as they actually had loads of different shaped paper clips that could be useful for scrapbooking.
 
 


Check out my process video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment