Friday 6 November 2015

Scrapbook 12x12 Layout: Merry Go Round

A very bright layout showing a picture of my friend and I on a merry go round in Cornwall! This was one of my 1st 12x12 layouts and although it's ok, it isn't one of my favourites: 


 
 
Some things I like about the spread include the cluster of embellishments by the picture of us on the merry go round they include some simple stories stickers a die cut and wood veneer camera from studio calico. 
 

I was pleased with the thickers spelling out 'friends' it fitted the theme and really stood out on the coloured background, the wooden star buttons added lots of colour and interest (I got them from eBay, an inexpensive find) 


I liked the general idea for the journaling but I think it's too regimented the way it's level with the picture and might have be fitted from being smaller and hand written on to the spread, the washi tape was a bit of a test and perhaps in hindsight the green is too greater contrast, it really stands out and is a bit jarring!




Overall there are definitely things I would change about this layout, but that's the good thing about scrapbooking - every spread is a learning curve! 

To see the process watch my YouTube video: 



No comments:

Post a Comment