Sunday 22 November 2015

Mini Album: Using Sequins and Confetti

These pictures are of a mini album that I made as a present for my best friends 30th Birthday. We have been friends since primary school, I entitled the mini album '30 Years of Friendship (well, almost....)' She was absolutely thrilled with it and it gave me an opportunity to trial a load of different techniques. I had recently invested in the Fuse Tool so I knew I wanted to get some use out of that!
 

With the page above I added some red star confetti to the picture of the two of us dressed up as witches, I really liked this effect of just chucking the confetti straight in with the picture, it looked cute and added some fun interest to the page. and you'll see I also did in on the picture below but there I used some sequins from a Dovecraft sequin pack. I used quite a lot of sequins in the following pages.
 
 
 
The layout below is from my friends Hen Do, I got over excited with my circle punch and I loved the look of it, the pictures kept moving around in the pockets though which was driving me crazy so I used my Fuse tool around the outside to keep them in place. After I'd done it I decided to add a few sequins around the outside, I picked out the colours that worked with the spread and I had a lot of fun with it if I did it again I'd add some sequins under the picture before I fused it because often the sequins didn't fit past the picture so I was only able to stick a couple in to it.
 
 
I have seen lots of people on blogs and YouTube add the cool corner pockets on 2x2 layouts and I really wanted to have a go. I much preferred the 1/2 pockets with the paper in the bottom than full 2x2 squares with confetti or sequins in.


I had a lot of fun with this album, I highly recommend completing a mini album just for the fun and the opportunity to trial some new techniques for your scrapbooking. I have a couple more posts related to specific pages of the album followed by a walk-though video in a couple of days time.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment