Sunday 8 November 2015

Project Life 2015: The Big Draw

This is one of my favourite spreads in a while, I love the colours and the way it all came together. This was from a trip to the British Museum where we took part in the #bigdraw we got involved by colouring in some masks in the Africa room, I picked the drawing of Head of an Oba, these are made out of brass and placed on the shrines of dead kings alongside ivory and other wooden and metal objects. I love the Africa section. My colouring was little more vibrant than the original as you can see from the pictures!
 
 
 
I found this die cut from my KaiserCraft Fiesta pack and couldn't believe how perfect it was for the day! 'Life is about using the whole box of crayons' and I EVEN USED CRAYONS! it was as if it were made for the spread!
 

 
 
I used this as the perfect excuse to get my sizzix out, I love these dies from the friends range it comes with 16 dies with various words and phrases including 'truth, friend, everyday, wonderful, hope, hello' and many many more! I find reason to use them in so many spreads they were such a good buy!
 
 
 
I added some journaling to this spread (in fact a little more than I normally do) I used the 4x4 card, a sticky label and a die cut shaped like a speech bubble to include some journaling of things I loved from the day.
 

 
 
I love this particular layout, these pocket pages are from We R Memory Keepers it's perfect for instagram pictures and the 4 2x2 pockets mean you can get even more pictures on to your page. Next step for these pocket pages is to work on shaker and see-through pockets (although I'm not confident I'll be able to pull these off!)

 
See my YouTube video below (It has a voice over on it!!! Took ages to work out how to do it effectively, so I'm pretty chuffed. Check it out and subscribe to my channel.)






No comments:

Post a Comment