Sunday 1 November 2015

Tutorial: Floral Headbands (Happy Halloween)

Hey guys, I hope you had a brilliant Halloween filled with ghoulish madness! Mine was 'wicked' I enjoyed the company of a big group of friends, midnight margaritas, pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, chilli and facepaint for my Halloween / day of the dead party.

I thought I'd show you some pictures from the event and how I created the floral headbands, this post will also be followed with 2 scrapbooking spreads over the next few days including a project life spread and a 12x12 layout. 


I started off by preparing the food and decorating up my flat. Kept it pretty simple with a few pieces of stretchy netting to resemble a spiders web, little spider lights and the pumpkins that my brother and I carved also sprinkled about some pumpkin confetti. 


 


Once everyone arrived we got on to the face painting and made ourselves look like sugar skulls with a whole load of white paint and brightly coloured eyeshadow. I had pre made these cute floral headbands for us to wear, they are super cute and super easy to make: 



 
 
1. take 2 sheets of brightly coloured tissue paper, fold them in half, cut them down the centre and layer them on top of one another so you have 4 sheets
 
2. fold the tissue paper in a concertina
 
3. tie a small piece of wire around the centre of the folded tissue paper and tie fairly tightly. (for this I used a fine beading wire that I had got from The Range.)
 
4. at this point you can use scissors to round off the edges of the folded tissue paper if you like (you could cut all types of shapes for different petal effects)
 
 
5. start to lift the tissue paper petals up and out fluffing them up as you go.  
 
6. once complete twist the wire from the flower around a headband, repeat the whole process until you have a headband fit to bursting with flowers!
 
Hope you had a good Halloweeeeeeeeeen!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment